Friday, December 30, 2011

Did This Pic Split Katy Perry And Russell Brand Up?



Sad to read Russell Brand and Katy Perry are divorcing. I certainly hope this odd threesome with Katy, Elmo and me wasn't to blame.

All kidding aside, I actually like the two of them. Sorry to hear it. You can read the actual story below.

APNewsBreak: Russell Brand, Katy Perry to divorce

FILE- In this Tuesday, April 19, 2011 file photo, British actor Russell Brand and his wife Katy Perry arrive for the European premiere of Arthur, in London. (AP Photo/Joel Ryan, FILE
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Russell Brand and Katy Perry are getting a divorce, the British comedian told The Associated Press Friday.
"Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage. I'll always adore her and I know we'll remain friends," said Brand, 36, offering no other details.
He and the 27-year-old pop singer were married in October 2010 at a resort inside a tiger reserve in India.
Brand's recent film credits include "Arthur," ''Hop" and "Get Him to the Greek." He is among the ensemble starring alongside Tom Cruise in "Rock of Ages," set for release next year.
Perry's run of No. 1 singles earned her the distinction of becoming MTV's first artist of the year earlier this month. She hosted "Saturday Night Live" on Dec. 10 and gave no indication the couple was in trouble.
The couple got engaged in January 2010 after meeting at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, where he hosted and she performed.
He was effusive about his bride while promoting projects earlier this year, saying marrying Perry has "given me much more strength in what I do."
"For a long while, what I do professionally was all that mattered to me really," he said in March. "Now I think, well, whatever I do, I'll just go back to her, and that's incredibly comforting."
He cited irreconcilable differences in papers filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court.
A representative for Perry did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment